The two brown dogs guarding our home raise the alert status to Defcon 5 about every fifteen minutes or so. Growls, woofs and urgent barks echo through the house for any of the following reasons.
- The mailman is delivering the mail.
- The garbage man has arrived.
- The UPS man has arrived.
- The Fedex guy has arrived.
- The neighbor across the street has opened his garage door.
- The neighbor has closed his garage door.
- Our garage door has opened.
- The neighbor from down the street is walking by.
- The neighbor from down the street is walking by with a dog.
- The neighbor from down the street is riding by on a bicycle.
- A car door opens.
- A car door shuts.
- A squirrel runs across the fence.
- Something sounds like a knock at the door.
This is the short list. I am sure there are many more in the Florida Brown Dog home security manual.