It’s over…for now
The party is over, kind of. My two oldest children have gone back to school and our home is suddenly a little emptier and much quieter. The last few days have been a blast with the five of us home. Twice as much conversation, food, games, mess, and laughter.
I know that everyone will be back again in just a few weeks, for Christmas, but when you all don’t get together too often, you take in and enjoy every minute you can.
Here are my favorite memories of this Thanksgiving:
- Adam leading worship with me on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Adam’s turkey made of olives and pickles, Katie’s pumpkin bread and green bean casserole, Lisa’s pumpkin pie, and Olivia’s mashed potatoes.Little ones hanging on the altar rail trying to see Pastor Bill.
- Bike rides on two beautiful days.
- Two posters filled with sticky “thank-you” notes.
- The image of Jesus giving thanks right along side us.
As we head full steam ahead into Advent, these memories will quickly fade, so I’m glad I jotted them down here to remember.